Materials: Propeller, Motor, Water, Arduino, LED Strips,
Customized Acrylic Container, Audio System, Program
Size: 180 × 81 × 57 cm (Single cabinet: 81 × 50 × 26 cm)
Sensory Overload is an inter-media art installation which used elements from nature. In the piece, there are three elements in the whole system: the propeller as the fan, the water, and the light. The propeller suspended above the middle water cabinet, and the LED panel hidden at the bottom of each water cabinet.
The author uses water as the “interface” to reception and conveys information from the propeller and the light, resulting in different ripples and visual effects that sometimes confusing audience perception. Sensory Overload occurs when one or more of the body’s senses experience over-stimulation from the environment. This work calls on the viewer to reconsider our relationship with our state of living, how to face that there are more and more environmental elements that impact an individual.
- 2018.10 – IAST conference, Leithbridge, Canada
- 2017.11 – “On the Road – Chinese Young Artist Annomination Exhibition (Media Art)”, Guanshanyue Art Museum, Shenzhen; City University of Hongkong, Hongkong, China
- 2017.10 – “Chang Qing Teng”, Tianjin Fine Arts University, Tianjin, China
- 2017.07 – “.zip”, Today Art Museum, Beijing, China
- 2017.03 – “Graduation Exhibition”, Boya Art Museum, 2017 Faculty of Media Art Design, Wuhan, China
Longlisted by 2017 Lumen Global Digital Art Prize, 3D sculpture category. Top 10% of over 800 pieces around the world.